It's time to do some financial year preparation and get proactive with your new goals coming into the next 12 months so you can review how far you’ve come.
Tax time can be daunting and frustrating – but so rewarding when you see growth.
So many business owners set goals at the start of the year or at the start of the new financial year, but so rarely do they go back and review their progress or put actionable steps in place to achieve their goals.
At the start of each new year calendar or financial, however you choose to direct your focus; Set Goals.
An action plan is the most important element to achieving these.I recommend choosing a maximum of 4 main goals. They may be financial, growth focussed, or material based.
- Get a blank piece of paper and in the middle of the page write down your goal & the date you want to achieve it.
- Now, on the right-hand side of the page come up with a MINIMUM of 25 reasons WHY you want to achieve that goal.
- On the left-hand side, write down all the things you need to do to achieve that goal or that’s going to get you closer to achieving the goal.
- On another sheet of paper, prioritise your action steps in descending order of importance... For example - Most important: Daily Action e.g. Follow up clients.
- Then with all of your other action steps, decide when you are going to work on them. I like to create 3 lists: Daily > Weekly > Monthly
In each column, I write down what I need to focus on and when. I even mark it in my calendar so I hold myself accountable and complete the actions.
Make time to achieve your goals. Don’t just write them down and then a month later forget what they are and wonder if you achieved them come the new year. MAKE IT HAPPEN.
Stick these 4 goals & actions up on your wall where you can see them every single day and make time to achieve them. The reason I recommend not having more than 4 main goals is you don’t want to be focussing on too many things at once.
By having only 4 main goals, you have an even split of time throughout the year to achieve them. Quarterly. And yep, you guessed it. Each quarter, have a meeting with yourself and analyse how much progress you have made toward achieving your goals and adjust them as necessary.
Send an image of your action plans to:
@salonownerscollective on Instagram.
I can't wait to see what you come up with - Happy New Financial Year!!!
Get in touch with Louise
Book a Coaching Call with Louise